Many of the issues presented below are fairly straightforward and evaluated on a pass/fail basis. However, many others will require some judgment to be applied. For example, all images require an ALT attribute (or title for SVG images) which is either present or not. But what is written in that ALT, or that ALT text being empty for decorative images is subject to interpretation. Try to approach each element tested from the perspective of a person with a disability. What information would a person need to be presented if the images were not present, how would a person without the ability to use a mouse interact with this element, etc.
For each test, assign one of the following scores, which will be discussed in detail for each, but can be summarized as:
- Pass: This met the criteria.
- Partial Fail: This mostly meets the criteria, but there were aspects that would create barriers.
- Fail: This mostly or completely did not meet the criteria.
- Not Applicable: The criteria doesn't apply to the pages tested.
- Unknown: This was untestable on the pages tested.