Mobile device management (MDM) addresses the unique needs of a mobile devices. It provides you with real management capabilities, including convenient configuration, self-service tools, and enhanced protection. It also keeps you up to date with best practices. These features are organized into a collection of settings called configuration profiles.
Installing these profiles on your mobile device enables you to connect securely to internal networks without needing to configure the settings on your own.
Enrolling in MDM is required for personal mobile devices used for Stanford work activity.
- Simplified configuration: MDM can automatically configure a bundle of settings including Stanford email, calendar, and contacts, a passcode or password, VPN access, and more.
- Valuable self-service: You can go to MyDevices to remotely erase Stanford-only data or all the data from your device if it's lost or stolen.
- Enhanced privacy and protection: MDM provides secure access on your mobile device to Moderate and High Risk Data. It helps you set "best practices" privacy controls on your device.
Current Stanford faculty, staff, and students
- iOS devices: iOS 13 or later
- Android devices: Android OS 10 or later
iOS and Android Profiles may be used to store and transmit Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data.
The use of MDM is required for use of Moderate or High Risk Data on personal mobile devices.
Free of charge
Note: To manage your device, go to the MyDevices app. MDM is not available for Windows Mobile or Blackberry devices at this time.
For assistance, please submit a Help ticket.