YouTube auto-generates captions when users post video and video shorts content. However, often these captions are insufficient for individuals with hearing loss because they do not have punctuation, capitalization, or other grammatical elements that aid in understanding your video.
To edit the auto-generated captions:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Select Subtitles from the left side menu.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- Select Duplicate and Edit Continue.
- Click inside any line in the caption track panel and edit the text.
- When you’ve finished making changes, click Publish.