Duo Mobile, the app available to iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices, is now available for two-step authentication at Stanford University, Stanford Children's Health, and Stanford Health Care (currently in pilot). If you have an affiliation with more than one of these organizations, you can add an account to your Duo Mobile app so you can use one device to obtain the second factor authentication for any of the organizations.
For initial installation and activation of Duo, start at the Accounts App.
- Smartphone: Set Up a Smartphone for Two-Step Authentication
- Tablet: Set Up a Tablet for Two-Step Authentication
Add an account to the Duo Mobile app
Now that your device is activated with Duo Mobile for two-step authentication for Stanford University, add and activate the account of the other organization(s) to which you are affiliated. Here's how:
- Launch the Duo Mobile app.
- Tap the "+" to add an account.
- On your computer, log in to your other organization's two-step installation page and complete the steps to add and activate the account.
- When the registration of the new account is complete, the additional account appears in your Duo Mobile app.
Use Duo Mobile with the other accounts
When you set up Duo Mobile with multiple accounts, you see the other accounts on the main Duo screen. To receive a two-step access code for either account, tap the key icon next to the account name and an access code appears. Enter the code in your two-step web authenticated page.
If you set up your device for Duo Push, Duo will know which organization is requesting authorization and will send a push notification to your device. If your device is locked, you must unlock it then tap Accept on the device and your website appears. If the Accept button is not visible, you may have to tap the green bar at the top to take action on a pending authorization.
For assistance, please call the IT Service Desk at 5-HELP (650-725-4357) or submit a Help ticket.