Establishing these processes in ServiceNow is necessary so that clients can order your service and have it quickly and efficiently delivered to them. Establishing billing for your service is necessary if you plan to charge for it.
The following are the high-level steps for establishing these processes:
- Step 1: Discuss with the ServiceNow team your vision for how the service will be ordered, and if there are opportunities to auto-provision the service. This should be one of your first service design tasks, as your request may need ServiceNow resources.
- Step 2: If you plan to charge for your service, work with the Finance team to cost your service and develop a rate. Once your rate has been established, the Finance team will coordinate with the Revenue and Billing Management team to establish your service in the billing system.
|Submit a Request form in the ServiceNow catalog so clients can order your service.
|If you are planning to charge for your service, submit a request to the UIT Finance team to help with service costing and rate development.
|Learn more »
- Costing Your Service
- Developing a Rate
- Developing an Item Code for your Service
- Developing a ServiceNow Request (Catalog Item)
- Developing an Order form for your Billable service
Glossary of Terms
- Service Costing: Identifying all of the costs for establishing and running your service. This includes things like software, hardware, licensing and maintenance costs, and labor
- Service Rate: This is the amount that you will charge clients for using your service. The rate should align with your financial goals for the service
- Service Provisioning: These are the processes for delivering the service to the client once they have placed an order. Examples of provisioning include creating a service account and giving the client access to use the service. In many cases, ServiceNow can automate the provisioning process.