The process of developing a service is not a linear one. Many steps in the process overlap and can be completed simultaneously.
- Service Development Support Documents
Begin the service development process by reviewing the Service Summary Template and the Service Development Checklist. These documents will help you navigate the process.
- Service Summary Template - This template helps you track your service development process in a narrative format. Use it to document key decisions and service information. When the template is complete, anyone reading the Service Summary document should be able to quickly understand your service.
- Service Development Checklist - This is a step-by-step list of the major service development processes and includes a summary of how to complete the task, when to start the task, and who can help you.
- Service Development Project Plan- This Smartsheet provides the same information as the checklist, but in a customizable project plan format.
- Service Roles and Responsibilities - This document describes the responsibilities for each service role.
- Financial Management and Ordering Model
You will need to develop a financial plan for your service and determine how clients will order your service. Complete these steps in order.
- Support and Operations
A variety of support and operations services need to be created before you can launch your service. Many of these steps can be completed simultaneously and while you are also developing your financial management and ordering models.
- ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Establishing Change Management for Your Service
- Establishing Incident Management for Your Service
- Problem Management
- Establishing Knowledge Management for Your Service
- Establishing Service Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Service Communication and Training Planning
- Vendor Management
If you will use a vendor to provide all or part of your service, the Vendor Management team can help you form a successful vendor partnership.