The process of developing a service is not a linear one. Many steps in the process overlap and can be completed simultaneously.
Service Development Support Documents
- Service Development Template - This template helps you track your service development process in a narrative format. Use it to document key decisions and service information. When the template is complete, anyone reading the Service Summary document should be able to quickly understand your service.
- Service Production Readiness Checklist - This is a comprehensive list of service development tasks necessary to ensure your service is production-ready. Not all tasks are required for every service development, request a consultation with a Service Management Consulting partner to identify those necessary for your service.
Financial Management and Service Ordering
- Costing Your Service
- Developing a Rate for Your Service
- Developing an Item (Bill) Code for Your Service
- Developing an Order Form for your Billable Service
- Developing a ServiceNow Request (Catalog Page)
- Using Financial Reports to Manage your Service
Support and Operations
- ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Establishing Change Management for Your Service
- Establishing Incident Management for Your Service
- Problem Management
- Establishing Knowledge Management for Your Service
- Establishing Service Metrics and Key Performance Indicators