Version Number: 2.1.0
Release Date: Sept. 6, 2018
Installed file locations:
|Windows source code .zip file (VLRE_Windows_Code.zip)||67c9d9a31c447580625846276ae2f850b50a37db|
|*The checksum is a SHA1 file hash.|
Version Number: 22.214.171.124
Release Date: Feb. 12, 2021
Installed file location:
- /Library/Application Support/Stanford/VLRE/
|macOS source code .zip file (VLRE_Mac_Code.zip)||
|*The checksum is a SHA1 file hash.|
VLRE release notes
Release Date: Feb. 12, 2021 (Mac)
- The VLRE client is now fully compatible with Apple Silicon, natively.
- Added encryption detection support for new system volume containers in Apple Silicon devices.
Release Date: Nov. 9, 2020 (Mac)
- The VLRE client is now fully compatible with macOS 11.
- Added encryption detection support for new system volume containers in macOS 11.
Release Date: Dec. 16, 2019 (Mac)
- macOS: Fixed a bug in getting the local user name string that sometimes prevented getting Cardinal Key information.
Release Date: Aug. 23, 2019 (Mac)
- The VLRE client is now a 64-bit application and fully compatible with macOS 10.15.
- Added encryption detection support for new system volume containers in macOS 10.15.
- Added ESET to the list of detected anti-malware products.
- Fixed a bug (affecting version 126.96.36.199 only) that was causing Cardinal Key data not to be reported.
Release Date: Dec. 17, 2018 (Mac)
- macOS: Fixed a bug in encryption detection affecting 2018 Apple hardware with a T2 chip (MacBook Air and Pro, Mac mini, iMac Pro).
Release Date: Sept. 6, 2018 (Windows)
- Windows: Addressed an edge case affecting encryption status reporting if the Windows system volume's drive letter is not C:.
Release Date: Sept. 26, 2018 (Mac)
- macOS: Fixed a bug in reporting certificate information when no user is logged in.
Release Date: July 31, 2018
- macOS: Fixed a bug in encryption status detection for macOS 10.13 and above.
- macOS and Windows: Basic information about installed Stanford client certificates is reported.
Release Date: Sept. 25, 2017
- Windows: Encryption recovery keys in escrow are automatically updated if the keys ever change.
- Groundwork laid for updating escrowed keys when they change, but the feature is not yet fully supported. Once supported, unlike Windows, user action will be required.
- Added support for encryption status detection on macOS 10.13.
- macOS and Windows:
- VLRE can display a daily notification when an updated client becomes available, but users would be responsible for obtaining and installing the update themselves.
- CrashPlan back-up status is reported if available.
- By default, the VLRE client will write a log file, though users can choose to suppress this behavior at installation time.
- The VLRE client maintains a local file to record user preferences and to save a small amount of state information, such as when the last check for OS updates was performed.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Windows) and 184.108.40.206 (Mac)
Release Date: April 19, 2016
- Mac OS and Windows: Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 1.0.5 (Windows) and 220.127.116.11 (Mac)
Release Date: Oct. 9, 2015
- Windows: Fixed a bug that in some situations could cause the program to fall into an infinite loop.
- Mac OS: Fixed a bug that caused get encryption status to fail under certain conditions.
- Mac OS: Modified the get serial number function to use system_profiler.
Release Date: June 16, 2015
- Windows: Fixed a bug that prevented device data from being sent in some cases.
- Mac OS: Fixed a bug that sometimes included data for spurious user accounts.
- Mac OS and Windows: Added time zone offset value to agent time stamp for data.
Version 18.104.22.168 — never released
Release Date: April 14, 2015
- Mac OS and Windows: Handle multi-user enrollment files correctly.
- Windows: Report device type information more in line with BigFix.