If your mobile device is lost or stolen, you must take these steps:
- Report that your device is lost or stolen:
- University and School of Medicine Clients: fill out a privacy incident report to report a device lost/stolen. The device may also be reported by calling the Privacy Office at 650-725-1828. Please visit privacy.stanford.edu for more information.
- SHC (Stanford Health Care): Call the Service Desk at 650-723-3333 (available 24/7).
- SCH (Stanford Children's Health): Call the Service Desk at 650-498-7500 (available 24/7).
- Wipe your mobile device:
- Stanford University (only): Log into MyDevices, (mydevices.stanford.edu) and either lock the device or wipe all data from the device.
- SHC and SCH: When you call the Service Desk to report lost or stolen device, they will help you lock or wipe your device.
To suspend service, call 5-Help (650-725-4357), option 3. Please note that:
- If you suspend your service, MyDevices removes the data, but the SIM card in the lost/stolen phone can be moved and used in another unsecured device.
- We will only suspend service on your device after the two steps above (reporting and wiping your device) are completed.
- Monthly service and features charges will continue to be billed.
- If a device needs to be replaced, we must have the approval from the Department Contact/STARs before issuing a new device.