Stanford contracts with AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon to provide mobile phone services for faculty and staff business use.
Order a phone
Learn more about the ordering process for employees and department contacts.
Learn more about ordering cell phones and mobile devices
Choose a phone
Choose from different carriers, devices, and colors.
Learn more about cellphone models
Choose a plan
Choose from packages that include voice, text, and/or data.
Learn more about plans
Stanford faculty and staff may receive a monthly discount on their personal service plans.
Learn more about personal service discounts
Mobile Device Management and two-step authentication can help ensure no one steals your information.
Activate your phone
All new devices that are upgrades or replacement phones will need to be activated by the IT Service Desk.
Learn more about activating your mobile device
Mobile Device Management
Installing profiles on your mobile device enables you to connect securely to internal networks.
Learn more about Mobile Device Management
This type of authentication is required to access Stanford systems that have higher than normal levels of security.
Learn more about Two-step authentication
Review mobile policies at Stanford, get discounts on accessories, and repair your broken device.
AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon offer discounted mobile device accessories for Stanford faculty and staff.
Learn more about personal accessory discounts
Repair broken device
Repair your iOS or Android device.
Learn more about Mobile Device Repair
Exchanges and returns
You have 30 days, from the date of shipment, to exchange or return your mobile device.
Learn more about exchanges and returns
Admin Guide: 8.1.3
This memo outlines policy on the provision of mobile equipment and related services.
Learn more about Admin Guide: 8.1.3 Provision of Mobile Equipment and Related Services
Follow these tips if you plan on traveling internationally.
International travel tips
Follow these steps before leaving the country.
Learn more about international travel tips
Using Wi-Fi abroad
Avoid high roaming costs by using Wi-Fi abroad.
Learn more about using Wi-Fi while abroad
Travel Loaner Program
Request an iPad kit, a MacBook kit, or a Surface Pro kit when traveling to a high-risk country.
Learn more about iPad Loaner Program
Learn about recycling your phone or what to do if you lose your phone.
Lost or stolen mobile devices
Learn about what you should do in case of lost or stolen mobile devices.
Learn more about Mobile Device Program Policies
Recycle mobile device
Drop off or mail your device to us and we'll make sure it's securely wiped and recycled.
Learn more about recycling cell phones and mobile devices
Order new service, upgrade your device, or disconnect a service
Give your phone and plan information to your department contact. Your department contact will submit your request through the Order IT website.
- Current faculty and staff affiliated with Stanford University, Stanford Health Care, and Stanford Children's Health
- University and Hospital departments can charge services to their department account.
- Faculty and staff are eligible for Stanford employee discounts on personal purchases. Faculty and staff discounts differ from student discounts.
- Submit a HelpSU request to the Mobile Device Services Team.
- Call our mobile support desk at [University & SCH] 5-HELP (725-4357) or [SHC] 4-HELP (724-4357)
- The Mobile Device Services office is located at 215-B Panama St, Oak Modular, Room 125, Stanford, CA MC 4128. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4 p.m., by appointment only.
- Order, change, or discontinue services through the OrderIT website.