Changes to Cisco Phone Lease Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Can I purchase a phone I am currently leasing?
- A. No, there is already effort and resulting cost associated with the "lease" of the handset.
- Q. Can I buy a phone from somewhere else?
- A. Phone handsets must be purchased through University IT (UIT). This will ensure that we purchase devices from certified vendors and that they have the appropriate warranties. Also, Cisco offers pricing at significant discounts specific to UIT.
- Q. Can I use my Stanford number with a softphone application instead of purchasing a desk phone?
- A. Yes, Cardinal Voice Softphone is included as part of the Stanford Phone number Learn more about Cardinal Voice Softphone.
Last modified October 28, 2021