It’s time to replace your traditional Stanford desk phone and start using your computer to place and receive your Stanford business calls. And because the Cardinal Voice Softphone service is not just a softphone but a group of communication tools and features, you’ll wonder how you ever communicated without it.
Here are just some of the features available to you with Cardinal Voice Softphone.
- Phone — use your computer as your Stanford phone to place, receive, and forward calls.
- Stanford number — retain and use your Stanford phone number from any location without having an associated desk phone.
- Contact lists — create contact lists of those you collaborate with most often, and further boost your efficiency by tapping an easy-to-use contact search feature integrated with the Stanford directory.
- Presence — set your availability so others see whether you are available for a chat or call; see the availability of others. (This feature is currently only available on Jabber but will be available on Webex in the future.)
- Multiline — leverage advanced calling capabilities for up to eight extensions.
- Additional features — access all the other features available with the Cardinal Voice Softphone service, including chat and video conferencing.
Faculty and staff of Stanford University, Stanford Health Care, and Stanford Children’s Health.
For Stanford University affiliates, Cardinal Voice Softphone is approved for Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data.
Cardinal Voice Softphone is available for free to faculty and staff with a Stanford telephone line. (See Converged Communications for a summary of the services included at no additional charge with your Stanford telephone line.)
Before Using Cardinal Voice Softphone
To use the Cardinal Voice Softphone (either via Webex or Jabber), you must have University IT activate the service with your Stanford phone number. If you do not have a Stanford phone number, contact your department administrator and have them complete a request via OrderIT. If you already have a Stanford phone number, simply submit a Help request to activate the softphone feature.
Download and Install Cardinal Voice Softphone
Using Webex: The first step to using your Cardinal Voice Softphone — powered by Cisco Webex, is to download and install the Webex application. Instructions are provided in the “Get Ready” section of the Cardinal Voice Softphone Guide. The guide includes additional instructions for using Cardinal Voice Softphone.
- University affiliates: Submit a Help request.
- SHC affiliates: Call 650.724.4357 (4-HELP).
- SCH affiliates: Call 650.498.7500.
- Cardinal Voice Softphone FAQ — frequently asked questions about the Cardinal Voice Softphone service.
- Cardinal Voice Softphone (Webex) Guide — information about Webex contacts, chat, softphone, and video calls.
- Jabber Quick Guides — information about Jabber chat, softphone, and video conferencing.