Misconfigured file permissions expose sensitive data to unauthorized access, leading to data breaches. To reduce or eliminate these issues, UIT will proactively identify and remediate unduly exposed files, implement automated protection mechanisms, and archive unneeded data across all major university file storage systems.
- Deploy Proofpoint’s signature-based Data Loss Prevention (DLP) with automated remediation
- Expand Proofpoint DLP scanning to Medicine Box, Slack, and Amazon S3
- Discontinue use of Code Green for Medicine Box
- Complete archiving unneeded AFS data, employing automation where possible
- Expand Proofpoint DLP scanning to 10 or more departmental file storage systems