The Web Project Strategy and Vendor Guidance service provides units the option for engaging the services of an external web vendor. Cost is determined on a per-project basis. Cost savings for clients are achieved through project consultation, technical guidance and pre-negotiated, discounted rates with highly qualified vendors.
This level of service is intended for sites that require custom design or complex user interactions. While these sites may be built in Drupal, they may or may not be appropriate for the Stanford Sites Drupal hosting environment. The Stanford Web Services team will help you determine what technology and hosting environment is most appropriate for the project.
These projects rely on external vendor services. To improve the success, quality, and efficiency of vendor projects, the Stanford Web Services team can provide consultation from project discovery through vendor selection and beyond. We also maintain a list of preferred vendors who have a demonstrated record of high quality service and an understanding of Stanford identity guidelines and web infrastructure.
- rate and service negotiations with pre-qualified web vendors;
- project planning and expository sketch/Request-for-Proposal (RFP) development;
- project needs assessment (e.g., selection of appropriate technology and hosting infrastructure);
- vendor proposal review and selection;
- project liaison with selected vendor;
- deliverable reviews for design, security, usability, and accessibility;
- site launch and maintenance services.
Services are ideal for:
- revising the major web presence of a school, large academic or administrative department;
- sites that contain restricted content, including HIPAA, FERPA, or other regulatory laws;
- sites that require sophisticated forms, credit card payment, or other complex user interactions;
- Drupal sites requiring functionality not provided on sites.stanford.edu; and,
- static HTML websites, WordPress blogs, wikis.
Services not appropriate for:
- sites whose needs are met by Stanford Sites Jumpstart and Stanford Sites Custom services.
Cost is determined on a per-project basis. Vendor charges are passed through directly to you, the client. Project consultation & guidance provided by Stanford Web Services is billed hourly. See Stanford Web Services rates.