Our Custom Website Project service offers solutions to clients with unique needs. A dedicated project team will work with you to define your project requirements, and design and develop your website. Projects are billed hourly.
- Dedicated web development team, which may include a Project Manager, Web Producer, User Experience Designer, Visual Designer, and Web Developers, as needed
- Comprehensive discovery phase to define project requirements with your team
- User experience and visual design activities, which may include user research, surveys, wireframes, comps, menu structure, and more
- A website fully compliant with Stanford's policies: mobile responsive, accessible, Stanford-branded, search-engine optimized, and secure
- Full website build using weekly or bi-weekly meetings to check on progress
- Carefully coordinated site launch
- Dependable post-launch support for as long as you need it from our friendly staff via weekly in-person office hours
Thank you so much for another great year working with SWS. You and your team achieved things I have been wanting for more than three years. And you make it easy for anyone on campus to replicate that success. Amazing! – Brendan M. Walsh, Ph.D. , Director, Office of International Affairs
Large campus units or major university initiatives whose sites require unique design and/or functionality beyond news listings, profiles for faculty, students and staff, event calendars, publications, and courses. Custom projects also suit evolving websites that need multiple phases of work.
Your project is a good fit for the custom website service if:
- You need help with usability or accessibility.
- You want assistance detailing goals and design requirements to inform the path to a development project.
- You need something above and beyond the Stanford Sites basic self-service.
- You want your new site to meet Stanford's standards.
- You want your new site to integrate content from other Stanford systems.
- Your team would benefit from easily accessible on-campus training and support.
Really, the site is beautiful and President Hennessy was very proud to share it, and the video, with the board today. Thank you so much for everything. This site has been a great hands-on demonstration to Building 10 of Stanford Web Services capabilities! – Lisa Lapin, former Vice President, University Communications
Our team will start with an initial conversation or two to determine your goals and requirements, and we will then make a recommendation and initial estimate. Upon approval, we will schedule the project pending resource availability. As scope increases or decreases, we communicate changes to the estimate and timeline and will work with you to stay on track.
*Hourly rates vary and are subject to change. Projects are billed on a time and materials basis.