Our Vendor Selection and Liaison service provides you guidance and support in selecting and engaging the services of external vendors for web design and development projects.
We maintain relationships with a number of preferred vendors with a demonstrated record of high-quality service and an understanding of Stanford identity guidelines and web infrastructure.
Depending on needs, with this service our team can offer one or more of the following:
- Negotiate rates and service terms with preferred web vendors
- Lead project planning activities, resulting in an expository sketch or Request-for-Proposal (RFP) to solicit vendor proposals
- Conduct project needs assessment, such as the recommendation of appropriate technology and hosting infrastructure
- Review vendor proposals and offer recommendations for selection
- Liaise with the selected vendor
- Review project deliverables for design, security, usability, and accessibility
- Perform site launch and maintenance services
- Clients with complex requirements that cannot be met by the common suite of Stanford tools, including sophisticated web applications, data visualizations, or other complex user interactions
- Custom sites that need to be built on short timelines and may have a large scope
- Sites that contain restricted content, including HIPAA, FERPA, or other regulatory laws. The hosting platform SWS builds on, Stanford Sites is rated for low risk and moderate risk content only
- Free two-hour initial consultation
- $119/hour for project management
- $143/hour for digital strategy
- $165/hour for technical architecture and development strategy
Varies by project requirements. Projects are billed on a time and materials basis. Third-party vendor costs are separate and require a contract.
- UIT newsroom article: What do I need to know about working with a vendor on my Stanford website?