Our Vendor Selection and Liaison service provides you guidance and support in selecting and engaging the services of external vendors for web design and development projects.
We maintain relationships with a number of preferred vendors with a demonstrated record of high-quality service and an understanding of Stanford identity guidelines and web infrastructure.
Depending on needs, with this service our team can offer one or more of the following:
- Negotiate rates and service terms with preferred web vendors
- Lead project planning activities, resulting in an expository sketch or Request-for-Proposal (RFP) to solicit vendor proposals
- Conduct project needs assessment, such as the recommendation of appropriate technology and hosting infrastructure
- Review vendor proposals and offer recommendations for selection
- Liaise with the selected vendor
- Review project deliverables for design, security, usability, and accessibility
- Perform site launch and maintenance services
- Clients with complex requirements that cannot be met by the common suite of Stanford tools, including sophisticated web applications, data visualizations, or other complex user interactions
- Custom sites that need to be built on short timelines and may have a large scope
- Sites that contain restricted content, including HIPAA, FERPA, or other regulatory laws. The hosting platform SWS builds on, Stanford Sites is rated to handle only low risk and moderate risk content
- The cost for this service is determined on a per-project basis. Vendor charges are passed through directly to you, the client
- Our general project consultation & guidance service is billed hourly at $138 per hour