Stanford Sites Intranet is a fee-based service for building and managing a website for private, secure information sharing. It offers design flexibility, integration with Stanford systems, and substantial functionality through Drupal. Create a site where all visitors must enter their SUNet ID to view any site content. You can control access via workgroup or broad categories (Staff, Faculty, Student, etc.)
- Apply controlled access to the site via workgroup or by broad category (Stanford-only, Stanford Staff, etc.)
- Provide access to users with both Basic and Full SUNetIDs
- Add custom roles to a site (Tech Leads, Student Services Officers, etc.)
- Restrict access to individual site pages based on custom role
- Map workgroups to control role membership
- Use of the full CAP API to pull Stanford-only profile information from Stanford Profiles
- Edit with the same experience as Stanford Sites
- Share feature roadmap with Stanford Sites
Any Stanford school, department, unit, institute, center, lab, and/or other group hosting low or moderate risk data or content, which has the ability to use SUNetID for authentication, access to a PTA for annual maintenance fees, and eligibility to use Stanford-branding.
- $625 per year with an annual (12-month) renewal process.
- No pro-rating. The 12 months begin with the site creation date.
- Costs can be added to existing annual website support retainer agreements.
You will need to appoint a site owner who will take responsibility for requesting and being the point of contact for all service terms and communications. The point of contact should have signing authority for the PTA or the ability to connect to the signing authority. Request an intranet here.
Submit a Help request to Stanford Web Services.
Explore the intranet help pages on the Stanford Sites User Guide.