Our Mobile and Web Application Design Consulting service offers campus units an opportunity to collaborate with an experienced designer on the usability, user experience and visual design of their mobile or web application. We partner with you to:
- Evaluate and identify the issues your users may encounter while using your application, or online service
- Test critical tasks on your site to ensure they are easy to accomplish
- Perform user research to understand your application users'needs
- Define the top goals for your mobile or web application design project
- Design new menu structures or application flows
- Develop application screen UI and more
What do we mean by a mobile or web application?
A mobile application designed for primary use on a mobile device. An example of a mobile application would be Stanford Mobile.
A web application is any application delivered via a web browser. That can include enterprise applications delivered in Salesforce or PeopleSoft as well as custom application functionality like a complex search interface on a website. For example, the Cardinal Service website.
To explore the usability, user experience and visual design of your application the design consulting team may complete activities including:
- Design research (user testing, surveys, workshops)
- Competitive analysis
- Heuristic analysis
- Task analysis
- Product and user experience design
- User interface and visual design
The Design Consulting team delivers you:
- User experience findings and approaches documentation, which include results of the design research and analyses
- Product and user experience design explorations and documentation
- User interface and visual design mockups and specifications
- Groups that are building a new mobile or web application and would like guidance on how to improve any aspect of the user experience and/or design
- Groups with an existing mobile or web application that would like advice on how it can be improved
- Groups building a case for project funding for future improvements to their mobile or web application
- $119/hour for project management
- $123/hour for user experience research and design
- $142/hour for senior user experience strategy, research, and design
Varies by project requirements. Projects are billed on a time and materials basis. Mobile and Web Application Design Consulting services can be optimized to fit your project budget.
- UIT newsroom article: New Stanford Mobile Design Driven by Student Input