When you schedule a meeting in Outlook, a Teams meeting link may automatically be added to the meeting request. This occurs even if you have set Zoom as your default preference if you are not signed into the Zoom integration when you schedule the meeting.
How do I disable this setting?
If you do not want to schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook, you can disable this setting in by following these steps:
- Visit https://outlook.office.com/mail
- Click the Gear at the top right of the page
- Select View all Outlook Settings at the bottom of the page
- Select the Calendar tab from the settings menu, then select the Events and Invitations option
- Uncheck Add an online meeting to all meetings or specify that Zoom be injected into meeting invites
- Select the Save option to save your changes
Why did Outlook insert a Teams link into my meeting request when I've set Zoom as my default preference?
You might need to refresh your Zoom integration SSO login by selecting either of the two Zoom menu items and logging in to stanford.zoom.us as prompted. Remember, Zoom authentication sessions expire, and you may need to re-authenticate to keep the Zoom preference intact. You can navigate to your Zoom login by following these steps:
- Log into Outlook.office.com with your SUNetID
- Select your Calendar from the options on the left
- Create a new event or meeting
- You should see an option for Zoom in the upper right of the Event window. Click on that, and from the dropdown, choose Settings. This should prompt for a username and password. At the bottom of the window, choose "SSO"
- In the Domain field, enter Stanford
- Allow Zoom to Display a New Window
- If Cardinal Key doesn't automatically authenticate Zoom for your account, enter your SUNetID
- Zoom should now be included automatically for new meetings