Because this website uses an older two-step authentication method, when you download the software you might not see the updated version of the two-step authentication screens.
Stanford University has a license agreement with Microsoft that provides several Microsoft products, including Office, to faculty and staff with full-service SUNet IDs. Office applications include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook (plus Access and Publisher for Windows users).
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10
- Memory: 4 GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
- Hard Disk: 4.0 GB of available disk space
- Display: 1280 x 768 screen resolution
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and later
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB of available disk space
Office 365 ProPlus:
- Operating system: the three most recent versions of macOS
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Hard disk: 10 GB of available hard disk space
- Display: 1280 x 800 screen resolution
See System requirements for Office for a complete list
- Office ProPlus installed via Office 365: Faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students with an Office 365 account; a full-service SUNet ID or a sponsored full-service SUNet ID is required
- Office 2019 and 2016 Professional Plus: Faculty and staff with a full-service SUNet ID on a university-owned computer
- Office ProPlus for Mac: Faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students with an Office 365 account; a full-service SUNet ID or a sponsored full-service SUNet ID is required
In order for your copy of Office to remain activate it must connect to the Stanford network at least once every 180 days. If you find your copy of Office has become deactivated, make sure you are connected to the Stanford network and run the Office Activation Tool.