The device enrollment process gathers basic information about your device and how you use it via a brief questionnaire. Enrollment associates a device with the person who is responsible for its data security in MyDevices.
Your affiliation with the university and the type of information you access determines the type of security your device needs in order to use Stanford data.
The Device Enrollment service is for Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers and iOS and Android mobile devices. Enrollment for mobile devices is accomplished directly via MyDevices.
- Your SUNet ID
- Whether device is used for High Risk Data
- Personal or Stanford-owned device
- Primary user of the device
- Associates a device with one or more specific users, based on SUNet ID
- Helps to determine whether the device is properly configured to meet the University's security requirements, based on how it will be used
Faculty, students, and staff
A SUNet ID is required for enrollment
May be used with Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data, as defined by the Information Security Office.
Free of charge
Download/launch the Device Enrollment app for your device and complete the questionnaire:
For assistance, please submit a Help Ticket.