The Detail report lists all devices that access Stanford networks or data and are subject to the University’s security mandate. This applies to all Stanford faculty, staff, students, and affiliates.
As some Stanford affiliates reside in multiple organizations, the total number of devices reported in the Summary report may be less than the total number of devices reported in the Detail report.
The Detail report can be accessed by clicking the Detail tab, choosing an organization and/or device type to display, and clicking Apply. Leaving one of these blank chooses all in that category.
- The default view excludes the device owner's organization. In the Show Data box, choose All Data to change the view to include the device owner's organization.
- The report can be sorted by any column. To sort the report, hover over the column heading and click either the up or down arrow.
- Any of the columns can be used to select data. To choose a column for selection, right-click the column heading, and choose "Move column to prompts". The column will be moved to the header, where the drop-down can be used for selection. Please note that the value for "Total Devices Reported" in the header will not change. To determine the number of records selected if the selection is greater than 25, click the up/down blue arrow at the bottom of the page to display the total number of records selected.
- The report can be exported to PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, or a data file. Click the Export link on the bottom of the report to export the data.
- The first 25 rows of the report display. Click the arrows at the bottom of the report to navigate up or down the report.
- If the Detail report is accessed by drilling down from the Compliance Summary report, the only way to close the Detail report is to close the tab in which it is displayed.
- You may notice that some information is missing or not correct. Please have your IT support person check the applicable source system to ensure that the data is present and/or correct.
- You may notice that the number of devices in the Endpoint Device Registry reports for an organization differs from the number you see in a BigFix report. There are a couple of reasons for this discrepancy. In BigFix, device membership is based on IT support groups, which are specific to BigFix. In the Endpoint Device Registry, device membership is based on the affiliation of the device owner. The Endpoint Device Registry classifies the organization as Unknown if the affiliation of the owner is unclear or unavailable. In addition, the Endpoint Device Registry contains data for devices that aren't in BigFix (for example, devices with a NetDB record only).
|SUNet ID||SUNet ID of device owner.|
|Last Name||Last name of SUNet ID.|
|First Name||First name of SUNet ID.|
|Device ID||ID assigned by the device registry to the device.|
|Device Model||Model of the device reported by the source system.|
|Device Name||Name of device as entered by device owner or reported by the source system.|
|NetDB Node Name||Name of the device in NetDB.|
|Device Type||The type of device as reported by the source system.|
|Device OS||The OS major/minor version as reported by the source system.|
|Device OS Version||The OS version as reported by the source system.|
|Ownership||Whether the device is owned by Stanford or is a personal device, as reported by the device owner.|
|Device Shared||Whether the device is shared, as reported by the device owner.|
|Mgmt System||The system, either MDM or BigFix, which manages the device. Mobile devices are managed by MDM, and laptops and desktops are managed by BigFix.|
|Monitoring System||The system that manages the device. Laptops and desktops are managed by VLRE.|
|Feed Source||The system(s) which supplied the data.|
|Access Restricted Data||Whether the device owner can access Restricted Data, as reported by the device owner.|
|Access Prohibited Data||Whether the device owner can access Prohibited Data, as reported by the device owner.|
|Compliance Status||Whether the device complies with the University's security mandate.|
|Enforcement Status||Whether University's security mandate is enforced or not enforced for this device.|
|Encryption Status||Whether the device has been encrypted, as reported by its management system.|
|Non-Compliance All Reasons||Reasons the device is listed as non-compliant.|
|Non-Enforcement All Reasons||Reasons the security mandate is not enforced on this device.|
|Node State||Node state as listed in NetDB.|
|Device Exception||Whether the device has an exception to the encryption requirement, as reported by the Exception Request system.|
|Device Last Report Time||The last time the device was seen on the network.|
|Disavowal Date||Date that the device was disavowed.|
|Disavowal All Reasons||Reason the device was disavowed.|
|MAC Address||The MAC address(es) as reported by the source system.|
Management system = BigFix or MDM
Source system = the source system for the data (may be NetDB, BigFix, MDM, Exception Request system, Authorization Logs)