Authority Manager is a web application that serves as a central location for Stanford managers to grant system privileges to employees to perform administrative tasks in University systems.
In addition to maintaining the master record of who is authorized to do what in which system, it notifies participating business systems of any changes to an employee's authority so the business systems can allow or prevent access accordingly.
Authority Manager does not replace native security tools in administrative applications.
- Allows managers to grant privileges to employees for specified organizations
- Allows managers to limit privileges to specific populations. As long as the manager meets the prerequisites and conditions of the authority, they will be able to access the affected systems within the specified conditions.
- Works for common authority definitions across University systems
- Provides a high-level view of a manager's authority across University systems
- Allows managers to grant privileges with prerequisites, conditions, and limits
Anyone with a SUNet ID may log in to Authority Manager to see what authority they have been granted.
If you have been granted authority, you may have received an email indicating that there are training or qualification tasks you need to complete before the authority can be activated. The prerequisites you need to complete are listed in the email; or to look up your current prerequisites status:
- Log in to Authority Manager and view your own authority.
- Look in the status column for: pending prereqs
- Click the icon to see a list of prerequisites and their current status.
- What is Authority Manager?
- Basic Navigation and Tools
- Authority Prerequisites and How to Complete Them
- Grant Authority
- Add or Change Proxy Settings
- Edit or Revoke Authority
- Restore Authority
- Authority Reports
- Authority Manager Terminology
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What's new in Authority Manager?