Stanford Sites is a self-service tool for building and managing websites for University work. Websites are hosted on a dedicated Drupal infrastructure optimized for performance, streamlined maintenance, and community-requested features. Stanford Sites is available to current faculty, staff, and students to use free of charge and requires little technical expertise.
- Responsive and accessible themes make Stanford Sites work well on phones, tablets, and desktop browsers, as well as with assistive technologies (for people with disabilities). Learn more about available themes and tips for online accessibility at Stanford.
- The WebAuth Module for Drupal enables you to use WebAuth and Stanford workgroups for account management and access control.
- Add features using included modules, many of which were built and contributed by Stanford developers.
- For information about site names (URLs), storage and number-of-sites limits, and more, see the complete list of features and benefits.
Request a Stanford Sites website by visiting sites.stanford.edu/drupal/admin. If you need help setting up a site for your group or department, assistance is available at below-market rates from Stanford Web Services.
If your website is for a Stanford group and you wish to use one of Stanford’s official themes, you can submit a HelpSU request separately. Requests are answered within three business days.
- Complete list of Stanford Sites features and benefits
- Setup instructions and video tutorials
- Find upcoming training opportunities at drupaltraining.stanford.edu.
- For general Drupal tasks and topics, a wide range of video tutorials are available at lynda.stanford.edu