I am a public visitor. How do I print?
- Navigate to the Cardinal Print webpage.
- Click “Visitors: Log in to print center.”
- Click "Create an Account" or log in if you already have an account.
- Your fund balance is located in the bottom, left portion of the screen.
- Color copies are $0.05 each, and black and white copies are $0.01 each.
- To add funds using a credit card, click "Add funds."
- Once you've followed the steps to add funds, click refresh.
- Click "Upload" and select the file(s) you'd like to print.
- Select your desired printing options in the bottom, right portion of the screen.
- Go to any Cardinal Print device and enter your Cardinal Print username and password.
- Touch the "Print" option and select the documents you want to print.
For more information and visual instructions, see Quick Reference Guide for Visitors.
I am a Stanford sponsored guest. How do I print?
Note: A Stanford University guest is someone invited to the university by faculty or staff who is not expected to pay for their printing, and who does not have a SUNet ID that allows them to badge in or log in to a Cardinal Print device.
To use Cardinal Print, you must:
- Obtain a Cardinal Print guest card and PIN from a Stanford administrator.
- Connect to the wireless network (see below).
- Download a Cardinal Print guest driver to your computer. If you are located on the main campus, download the Stanford Main Campus print driver. If you are located at the Stanford Redwood City Campus, download the Stanford Redwood City Campus driver.
- Click “file” then “print” and choose Cardinal Print.
For more information, visit How to Use Cardinal Print as a Guest.
How to log in to the wireless network
Stanford has three wireless networks available for guests:
- The Stanford Visitor wireless network, available for short-term sessions, is open to all Stanford visitors.
- The Eduroam wireless network is open to visitors who are affiliated with a participating university. Log into this network with your university's credentials.
- The Stanford Wireless Guest network is open to guests who are sponsored by a Stanford community member and receive a guest account name and password. Guests can be sponsored for up to two weeks. For instructions on how to use this network, see How to log in to the Stanford Wireless network as a guest.
Visit Wireless Access for Stanford Visitors for more information about these options.
To learn more, visit Cardinal Print FAQs.