Cardinal Print is a university-wide strategic initiative to modernize technology, achieve long-term sustainability goals, improve workflow efficiency, enhance security, and reduce costs. Learn more about the Stanford University Print Policy.
All Cardinal Print devices provide the ability to:
- Securely print, copy, or scan materials by badging in or entering your SUNet ID and password at the printer
- Scan and send documents to yourself or others directly from the printer
- Retrieve your output from any Cardinal Print device
- Review and manage your print queue on the web or at the printer
The Cardinal Print program provides:
- Delivery and implementation
- Pharos secure print license
- Dedicated on-site support
- Toner (and recycling), paper, staples
Faculty, staff, students, guests, and contractors
Users need an active SUNet ID or temporary access to the Stanford network
Program costs for departments
Device & program costs range from $175 to $270 a month per device. View the Cardinal Print Device Catalog for general pricing and product options. Please note that pricing is subject to change and may vary depending on functionality and assessment of individual needs. Request a Cardinal Print assessment to speak with a Cardinal Print representative to determine your needs. For more information about billing, view Cardinal Print Billing.
|Black and white||$0.008 each|
Faculty, Staff, Contractors, & Students
There are three ways to start printing:
- Download the universal Cardinal Print driver.
- Log in to the Cardinal Print Center to upload documents.
- Send your attachment(s) via email to Cardinalprint@stanford.edu from your Stanford email address.
All three options allow you to retrieve your output from any Cardinal Print device on campus by scanning your university ID card or logging in with your SUNet ID and password.
*Note for contractors: A department administrator will need to visit the Sponsored ID Card webpage to request a Stanford ID card for the contractor, and be sure to state that the contractor will need access to Cardinal Print.
Guests and Visitors
- Instructions for Admin: Guest and Visitor Printing
- Cardinal Print Instructions for Guests and Visitors
- General request order form for card services
- Visitors: Log in to the print center
If your department or group is interested in joining Cardinal Print or learning more about the program, please request a Cardinal Print assessment.
Please note: The global chip shortage that has affected so many computers and electronic device supplies, has now begun to affect the Canon and Cardinal Print supply. As a result, we are experiencing an 8–10-week turnaround time from order to delivery (and it's possible this could increase). If you are considering a transition to Cardinal Print, we recommend reaching out as soon as possible given the delays.
Review answers to frequently asked questions.
Review written instructions on how to use Cardinal Print.
Watch instructional videos on how to use Cardinal Print.
Learn more about Cardinal Print Billing
Learn more about Cardinal Print Faxing
Visit the IT Professionals webpage (access restricted)