What is Vendor Management?
The Vendor Management team manages many aspects of vendor relations for University IT (UIT). They coordinate campus-wide collaborative purchases for IT products (including Cloud/Software-as-a-Service [SaaS]) when there is the opportunity to create significant savings, benefits, and value for the broader Stanford IT community.
The Vendor Management team:
- Develops, implements, and advises on IT vendor management-related policies and best practices for UIT
- Assists engineering teams with technology market reviews and product and vendor research
- Negotiates contract pricing, business terms, and conditions
- Processes purchase requisitions and uploads approved invoices for payment
- Manages ongoing vendor relationships
Vendor Management is also responsible for Academic Software Licensing. This licensing program provides centrally administered access to software that is used primarily for teaching and research, in support of the campus community.
How can UIT Vendor Management help me to develop and manage my service?
The Vendor Management (VM) team can:
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best possible pricing for any hardware, software, or service (including Cloud /SaaS) that you need to purchase.
- Provide expertise and programs for managing Cloud vendors.
- Review and negotiate business terms in vendor agreements.
- Maintain and build vendor relationships with strategic vendors.
- Intervene and escalate as needed when vendors do not meet contractual requirements.
How do I get help from Vendor Management?
(The following information is available for UIT internal use only)
|I want to:||Here's how:||When||Who is responsible?|
|Upload an invoice for payment||Submit a request||As soon as the invoice has been received and reviewed for accuracy||VM team|
|Request a purchase requisition||Submit a request||When you are ready to purchase||VM team|
|Request assistance from the VM team||Submit a request||Whenever help is needed for VM issues||VM team|
|Request a purchase requisition for contractors (for Administrative Systems use only)||Open a Jira ticket||When you are ready to hire a technical contractor||VM team|
Learn more about Vendor Management
More information is available on the Vendor Management Toolkit.