What is Vendor Management?
The Vendor Management team manages many aspects of vendor relations for University IT (UIT). They coordinate campus-wide collaborative purchases for IT products (including Cloud/Software-as-a-Service [SaaS]) when there is the opportunity to create significant savings, benefits, and value for the broader Stanford IT community.
The Vendor Management team:
- Develops, implements, and advises on IT vendor management-related policies and best practices for UIT.
- Lead negotiation with vendors on pricing, business terms & conditions.
- Manages ongoing vendor relationships.
- Processes purchase requisitions and uploads approved vendor invoices for payment.
Vendor Management is also responsible for Academic Software Licensing for Stanford. This licensing program provides centrally administered access to software that is used primarily for teaching and research, in support of the campus community.
How can UIT Vendor Management help me to develop and manage my service?
The Vendor Management (VM) team can:
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best possible pricing for any hardware, software, or service (including Cloud /SaaS) that you need to purchase.
- Review and negotiate business terms in vendor agreements.
- Provide expertise and programs for managing Cloud vendors.
- Maintain and build vendor relationships with strategic vendors.
- Intervene and escalate as needed when vendors do not meet contractual requirements.
How do I get help from Vendor Management?
|I want to:||Here's how:||When|
|Upload a vendor invoice for payment||Submit a request||As soon as the invoice has been approved by the business owner|
|Submit a request to generate a Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order||Submit a request||When you are ready to purchase|
|Request a purchase requisition for contractors (for Enterprise Systems use only)||Open a Jira ticket||When you are ready to hire a technical contractor|
|Request assistance from the VM team||Submit a request||Whenever help is needed for VM issues|
Learn more about Vendor Management
More information is available on the Vendor Management Toolkit.