New Training Helps You Migrate Smoothly from Box to Google Drive
The information in this article applies to Stanford University Box only. It does not apply to Stanford Medicine Box.
Many of us at Stanford enjoy the way Google Drive seamlessly integrates with other apps, including Google Docs. But getting up and running with a new platform may seem like a challenge at first.
If you are new to Google Drive — or looking to gain confidence in making the switch from Box — you’ll want to take advantage of a new training opportunity.
Two live, virtual training sessions led by the University IT Tech Training team are available to you at no cost. If you’re moving to Google Drive, you can sign up now, no matter when your migration is scheduled or will be scheduled.
What’s covered: Box to Google Drive training
You’ll gain insight into how Google Drive features compare to Box. You’ll also learn what to expect immediately after migrating your files from Box, as well as:
- the basics of Google Drive, including file locations and file sharing features
- best practices for working with files and folders
Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to have your questions about using Google Drive answered.
Sign up today
Registration is limited to 100 participants per session. Sign up today to secure your spot for this training.
A recording of the training will be posted on the Stanford University Box Migration project website.
Transitioning away from Box
We’ve published a number of UIT news articles that can help you understand more about this initiative.
- Stanford University Box: UIT Begins Scheduled Migrations
- Set Yourself Up for a Smooth Transition from Stanford University Box
- Update External Sharing Links Before Your Box Migration
- Three Year Plan to Reduce Use of Stanford Box
- Don’t Put Stanford in a Box
- Change Coming to Stanford Box
We've created resources to support your migration: