With BlueJeans, full-time students and benefits-eligible faculty and staff can host an audio/video meetings for free. BlueJeans is also a replacement for audio conferencing services such as WebEx, Premiere Global, Adobe Connect, etc.
Self-service scheduling, collaboration and conference moderation provide flexibility, while conferencing support by BlueJeans ensures that the meeting runs smoothly. Attendees can join your high-definition event using almost any business or consumer video room system or application.
BlueJeans audio/video conferencing supports the following:
- Join meetings from standards based (SIP and H.323) room systems including Cisco, Polycom and LifeSize
- Join meetings from browser, iPhone and Android based mobile device
- Up to 100 internal or external video meeting participants
- Video conference recording capability with unlimited cloud-based storage
BlueJeans video conferencing features include:
- Advanced screen layout controls
- HD video up to 720p (camera-dependent)
- Screen sharing for presentations and collaboration
The BlueJeans service may be used with information of all data categories (Low Risk, Moderate Risk, and High Risk), as defined by the Stanford University Information Security Office. Usage with Moderate and High Risk Data, such as Protected Health Information (PHI) or Student Records, must be consistent with Stanford University Policy and all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA). Stanford University has a BAA (Business Associates Agreement) with BlueJeans, which enables Stanford School of Medicine to use the service, including recording capability. Note: This BAA does not cover Stanford Health Care or Stanford Children's Health.
- Some meeting participants may choose not to participate in meetings that are being recorded, so always inform them in advance if you plan to do so.
- If you would like to start recording a video conference that is already in progress, please inform your participants of your intention, allowing them time to drop of from the meeting if they don’t want to be recorded.
- Stanford Medicine faculty, staff and students are encouraged to download their recorded meetings and store them in their secure (safe for PHI and PII) Stanford Medicine Box account.
BlueJeans is available at no additional cost to every active faculty, staff, and student as a feature of the Converged Communication service.
To access your BlueJeans account, go to stanford.bluejeans.com/ and login with your Stanford SUNet ID.