Our Room Support Service helps prevent and resolve issues in conference rooms and shared spaces that use audiovisual (AV) equipment at Stanford.
The service includes in-room documentation detailing use of the equipment, on demand pre-meeting consultation, and remote support when incidents occur. The service is end-to-end, connecting you to the vendor if equipment support, repair, or replacement is needed.
Room support service is available for conference and collaboration rooms built by University IT (UIT), other Stanford University departments, and third parties. Audiovisual support for most classrooms is provided by the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning.
For covered rooms, UIT's Computer Resource Consulting (CRC) provides:
- Onsite pre-meeting consultations.
- Remote phone support that connects to CRC technicians during regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- In-room documentation on how to use the system.
- Regularly scheduled room sweeps (occurring weekly, biweekly, or at other intervals) to ensure cables and equipment are ready for the next meeting.
Each covered room receives up to three onsite pre-meeting consultations or in-meeting remote escalations per month.
Rooms supported by the same Project Task Award (PTA) pool their total included incidents. For example, 10 rooms supported by the same PTA would be covered for 30 consultations or remote escalations per month.
Any additional pre-meeting consultations or in-meeting remote escalations incur a per-incident rate.
- Individual faculty and staff members
- Schools, administrative units, laboratories, and institutes
- Local IT groups
- Rent a video conferencing room or equipment for your event
- Build a meeting room
- Visit the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning site for classroom AV support.