Our Room Support Service helps prevent and resolve issues in conference rooms and shared spaces that use audiovisual (AV) equipment at Stanford.
The service includes in-room documentation detailing use of the equipment, on demand pre-meeting consultation, and remote support when incidents occur. The service is end-to-end, connecting you to the vendor if equipment support, repair, or replacement is needed.
For support with remote meetings and webinars, see our Virtual Meeting and Webinar Support page.
For covered rooms, UIT's Computer Resource Consulting (CRC) provides:
- Pre-meeting consultation and preparation support.
- Remote phone support that connects to CRC technicians during regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- In-room documentation instructions to use the system.
- Regularly scheduled room sweeps to ensure cables and equipment are ready for the next meeting.
- Connection to a vendor if equipment support, repair, or replacement is needed.
- Individual faculty and staff members
- Schools, administrative units, laboratories, and institutes
- Local IT groups
- Room support service is available for conference and collaboration rooms built by University IT (UIT), other Stanford University departments, and third parties. AV support for most classrooms is provided by the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning.
- Rent a video conferencing room or equipment for your event
- Build a meeting room
- Visit the Vice Provost for Teaching & Learning site for classroom AV support.
- Virtual meeting and webinar support