University IT provides basic phone service and a network connection with multiple IP addresses in every on-campus residence. Most single rooms have phones; quads share one phone, usually located in the common area. To learn your telephone number, dial 724-8778 from the phone provided (not available in Escondido Village Graduate Residences, Schwab Residential Center, and Lyman Graduate Residence).
All residents in Stanford student housing are assessed a technology fee on their university bill. Basic phone service and network service are included in this fee. For more information, visit the Housing Rates and Billing Information page.
Note: Collect calls cannot be received; they are blocked outside Stanford by the local provider.
Basic telephone service includes:
- Call waiting (not available in Escondido Village Graduate Residences, Schwab Residential Center, and Lyman Graduate Residence)
- Unlimited local calling
- Free domestic long distance
- Provide building access to visitors
Current on-campus students
Your IT Service charges appear on your university bill. For information on payments and billing, see the Stanford ePay website.
If you have a question about the IT Services charges on your university bill, submit a Help request. If you prefer, call the Stanford IT Help Desk at 5-HELP (725-4357). You must report an error in billing within 21 days of the statement date on your university bill.
The basic phone line with call waiting, as well as the in-room network connections will be active when you arrive. The only thing you need to do is to register your computer at the Residential Network Connections website.
- Student telephone service is monitored 24x7 for performance and component failures. Systems personnel are alerted to failures and will respond to alerts.
- For more information, submit a Help request, contact the Stanford IT Help Desk at (650) 725-HELP (5-4357).