Skip to content Skip to site navigation

How to Change or Cancel UIT Services

University IT is currently transitioning the ordering process for University IT Services from OrderIT to the IT Services & Support portal. Visit Where to Order Services to see a list of available services. To learn how this will impact authority, visit How to Request Authority.

Before you begin

You will need the Request Viewer or Request Approver role in Authority Manager for your university org or hospital cost center to place a cancel order in OrderIT or just a SUNet ID to place a change/cancel order in ServiceNow. Refer to How to Request Authority for Ordering and Reporting for more information. Submit a help ticket for assistance.

Note: If you are unable to change an existing service, you may need to request new or additional access. Visit How to Request Authority. You can review your current authority at My Authority.

Cancel an existing UIT service for Vendors

Call the Service Desk at 5-HELP (4357) or submit a Help ticket to cancel service. You will need to provide a Vendor account number. 

Cancel an existing UIT service for Residents

You can cancel residential services at Stanford West, Welch Road, University Terrace, and others by visiting the website below.

  1. Navigate to
  2. Select your residence, then select Cancel service.
  3. Complete and submit the request form.

Change or Cancel an existing UIT service for SCH, SHC, University, or Students

For assistance with an existing service, visit the Where to Order Services page and click the link for the service you want to modify. You will be directed to that service’s homepage, where you can find information on how to get help with that service. 

Note: Some service pages have “change or cancel” buttons located at the top, while others list information on how to submit a help request in the “Get Help” section of the service's homepage.

Change or Cancel UIT Services via the IT Service & Support portal

Most service order forms can be accessed directly on the IT Service & Support portal. Use the steps below to guide you.

  1. Visit the IT Service & Support portal and enter “change or cancel” in the search field, followed by the name of the service that you would like to request. 

    • For example, type “change or cancel paging service” in the search field.

  2. Highlight the service you want to request and press enter.

  3. Complete all required fields (*) on the form and click Submit when you are ready to submit the request.

Last modified April 16, 2024