Follow these three steps to clear University IT (UIT) billable charges from your organization's default clearing account and update a PTA.
Step 1: Open the UIT Billing Dashboard to review the charges posted to your clearing PTA
- Search the UIT Billing Dashboard by your clearing PTA.
- Determine a new valid PTA for each service.
- The expired PTA for each service will show under the Reporting PTA field.
Step 2: Submit a Help request to update your services to a new valid PTA
- Submit a Help request to UIT Revenue Operations to prevent future charges from posting to the clearing PTA.
Step 3: Submit iJournals to move charges out of your clearing PTA to a new valid PTA
- UIT charges are identified by "Expenditure Transaction Source Long Name" = "ITSWO-Feeder - ITS Enterprise Asset Management" in the OBI Consolidated Expenditure Reports.
- Refer to Fingate Topic Overview: Accounts Payable (AP) Default PTAs for additional instructions.
- What happens to charges for UIT services that fail to process due to an expired PTA?
- Beginning with April 2021 billing, charges for UIT services that fail to process due to expired PTAs will post to the default clearing account associated with that organization. UIT will use the Accounts Payable (AP) Default PTA for the default clearing account. This new process mirrors the one already being used for payroll and accounts payable invoice transactions that do not have a valid PTA. Here's what you can expect:
- Task managers of an expiring PTA and the associated default clearing account will begin receiving alerts 45 days before the PTA is due to expire.
- If the billing account isn’t updated to a valid PTA, charges for the UIT service will post to the default clearing account after the existing PTA expires.
- Information on charges posted to the default account can be viewed in the UIT Billing Dashboard. Someone on the finance team will need to clear any charges in the default clearing account and update future billing to a valid PTA.
- Why did UIT change the process for expired PTAs?
- As you know, PTAs can expire over time, causing services to go unbilled. Today, if your PTA expires, a UIT staff member contacts someone in your organization to obtain a valid PTA and update the information in the system. However, this manual tracking effort can result in a backlog of billing exceptions and even the possibility of disconnection of services.
- How do I update a PTA or cost center for a UIT service?
- If you have access to OrderIT for your departmental organization, refer to How to Update a Billing Account for instructions.