Jabber lets you connect and collaborate with your Stanford colleagues through a variety of communication channels using your computer.
- Apple OS Sierra 10.12 (or later)
- Download Cisco Jabber for Mac.
- Double-click the downloaded file from your browser and then double-click the Install_Cisco-Jabber-Mac.sparkle_guided.pkg file to start the Cisco Jabber installer wizard.
- When the Welcome screen displays, click Continue.
- Read the license agreement if you wish and then click Continue. Click Agree to accept the terms of the license agreement and continue with the installation.
- You may be prompted to select the disk where you want to install Jabber. Select your hard drive and then click Continue.
- Click Install to perform the standard installation.
- At the prompt, enter your administrator account password for the Mac and click Install Software.
- When the software has finished installing, click Close.
- To launch Jabber, open your Applications folder and double-click the Cisco Jabber.app icon.
- Enter your sunetid@stanford (for University affiliates), SID@stanfordmed.org (for SHC affiliates), or your login ID@stanfordchildrens.org (SCH affiliates) and click Continue.
- For Stanford University affiliates, the WebLogin screen appears. Enter your SUNet ID and your SUNet ID password and click Login. Two-step authentication may also be required. Stanford Children's Health and Stanford Health Care affiliates will be prompted to enter their password.
- Click Jabber in the Apple menu bar and then click Sign Out.