The Cisco Jabber app allows you to chat and collaborate with your co-workers from your iPhone or iPad.
For best results and access to the latest features, your mobile device should be running the latest iOS version. Check the Apple App Store to ensure that Jabber client is updated to the latest version. Those with a University-owned device are required to have MDM installed.
- On your iOS device, get the Cisco Jabber app.
(Alternatively, you can tap App Store on your device and then search for Cisco Jabber.
- Tap Get and then Install.
- Sign in to the iTunes Store if you are prompted to do so and then tap OK.
- When the app has finished installing, tap Open. (Or, launch the Jabber app from the Home screen.)
- When the message to allow Jabber to access your contacts displays, tap OK.
- When the message asking if you would like to use Jabber with Siri, tap OK or Don't Allow depending on your preference.
- When the message to allow Jabber to send you notifications displays, tap Allow.
- Read the notices and license terms and tap Accept.
- Swipe left and then tap Get Started Now on the next screen.
- A message displays asking you to let Jabber access the microphone. Tap OK.
- Type in your SUNet ID@stanford.edu (University affiliates), your SID@stanfordmed.org (Stanford Health Care affiliates), or your login ID@lpch.org (Stanford Children's Health affiliates) and tap Continue.
- For Stanford University affiliates, the WebLogin screen appears. Enter your SUNet ID and your SUNet ID password and tap Login. Two-step authentication may also be required. Stanford Children's Health and Stanford Health Care affiliates will be prompted to enter their password.
- Tap the icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap Sign Out.