Leverage Technology to Work Anywhere: COVID-19
As Stanford continues to monitor the status of COVID-19, also called novel coronavirus, University IT wants to remind you of technology tools and resources available to enable you to work remotely.
This guide – workanywhere.stanford.edu – offers information on technology tools, resources, and services that enables the success of Stanford’s distributed workforce - whether telecommuting temporarily or working remotely for a prolonged period of time.
Check out the full guide, or browse these highlighted tools, to keep you productive and connected no matter where your “office” happens to be.
Location doesn’t always matter when you’ve got reliable online tools to help you connect and collaborate with colleagues. Stanford’s recommended collaboration tools are Slack for instant messaging, Google Team Drive for file sharing, Zoom for video conferencing, and Jabber for softphone.
Learn more about these collaboration tools, and check out collaboration tools for High Risk Data.
Tips and Tricks for Working Remotely
If you’re looking for tips and tricks for various aspects of remote working, check out some of our resources below.
- Video Conferencing Etiquette Tips
- Best Practices for Effective Video Conferencing
- Slack Hacks and Resources
- Tips for Telecommuters
- Browse the IT Services Knowledge Base to find helpful articles on a range of topics pertaining to remote work and telecommuting.
Application Quick Links
Many key applications and document repositories are accessible from your Stanford-issued laptop or tablet or from your personal laptop or tablet, as long as you know the correct URL to access the resource.
Use these URLs to access widely-used applications:
- Stanford Box: stanford.account.box.com
- Confluence: asconfluence.stanford.edu
- Email (and other Office 365 services, such as OneNote): webmail.stanford.edu
- Google Drive: webdocs.stanford.edu
- Oracle Financials: ofweb.stanford.edu
- Stanford Services and Support Portal: services.stanford.edu
- Smartsheet: smartsheet.stanford.edu
- Voicemail instructions: uit.stanford.edu/services/voicemail
Note: When working remotely, you may need to start a VPN session to access certain restricted applications.
DISCLAIMER: UIT News is accurate on the publication date. We do not update information in past news items. We do make every effort to keep our service information pages up-to-date. Please search our service pages at uit.stanford.edu/search.