Splunk searches, monitors, and analyzes machine-generated big data via a web interface and can generate graphs, reports, alerts, dashboards, and visualizations.
Splunk as a Service
The Splunk service includes:
- Direct access to search your logs
- All software licenses and annual maintenance, server hardware, and storage
- 18 months of log retention
- 6 months of log backup
- System administration support for the servers and storage
- Periodic log volume reports and alerts
Contact your University IT support team to learn how to access your logs.
- Splunk Universal Forwarder for Windows Servers (Restricted Access)
Linux server options:
- Splunk Universal Forwarder for Linux Servers — Recommended (Restricted Access)
- Splunk via rsyslog for Linux Servers (Restricted Access)
- How to Log in to Splunk and Perform a Search (Restricted Access)
- Splunk Logging Standards (Restricted Access)
For more information or help, please submit a Help ticket.