Configure an account using MDM
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is the easiest way to set up your Office 365 email and calendar on your Android device. When you enroll in MDM, your @stanford email is automatically configured on your device. All you need to do is set your Stanford email password.
All faculty, staff, and postdoc Apple and Android mobile devices used for Stanford activities on the campus network are subject to the verifiable encryption requirement. MDM is Stanford's mobile device security solution. Affiliate and student staff mobile devices that access High Risk Data must also adhere to Stanford encryption requirements.
Note: If your @stanford email account is set up on your device, please delete it before enrolling in MDM. MDM configures your @stanford email account for you.
Add an email account manually
To manually set up a new account, here are the settings you need to synchronize your Android device with the Office 365 email and calendar server.
- Select the setting to add an account.
- Select the account type: Corporate Sync or Exchange Active Sync
- Enter the account information:
- Domain\Username: stanford.edu\your SUNet ID@stanford.edu (e.g., stanford.edu\firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your SUNet ID password
- Use secure connection: selected
- Email address: your @Stanford email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Server: outlook.office365.com