Google carefully documents how to use Shared drives. Below are some links that you might find useful.
Logging in to Google Shared drives
- Go to webdocs.stanford.edu.
- On Stanford's web authentication page, enter your SUNet ID and password and then click Login.
- The list of your Google Drive documents displays.
- In the left navigation bar, just below My Drive, you will see Shared drives. Click on Shared drives.
- The list of your Google Shared drives displays.
- If you do not see Shared drives in the navigation bar, then you have not been added to the membership of any Shared drives.
- Click on any of the drives in the list.
- The list of documents in the selected Shared drives displays.
Sync and stream files
You can use Drive for desktop to stream My Drive files directly from the cloud. This desktop application allows you to open and edit most document types directly out of Drive for desktop. When you make edits to the file, the changes are automatically saved in Drive for desktop and synced back to the cloud when an internet connection is available.
Use Shared drives
- Add Files and Folders - Learn how to create folders and add and open files.
- Organize Files - Find instructions for how to move, delete, restore, and search for files.
- Share and Collaborate - Share files with people who are not part of the designated team.
- Migrate Files to a Shared drive - Follow these instructions to properly move files from My Drive to a Shared drive.
- Sync and stream files - Use Google Shared drives.