Simplified Ordering for University IT Technology Services Coming Soon
Starting Dec. 1, 2023, ordering and billing for University IT’s Client Technology Solutions and Consulting (CTSC) services will move to a simpler, more modern system.
Key improvements include:
- Simplified client ordering process for technology and consulting services
- Enhanced client ordering experience for CrashPlan and VDI
- Transparent order tracking from start to finish
The ordering and billing system, OrderIT, is currently used for processing new University IT (UIT) service requests and changes or cancellations to existing UIT services. To improve client experience, we’ve already combined our technology and consulting services into a new CTSC request form. The next phase is to migrate the ordering and billing process for all CTSC services to a more modern ordering system.
What to expect next
- Beginning at 5 p.m. on Dec. 1, 2023, through 2 p.m. on Dec. 9, 2023, OrderIT will be offline as the ordering process migrates to the new ordering system. During this planned downtime, we will not have access to process new or manage existing CTSC, CrashPlan, or VDI service requests in OrderIT. However, emergency requests can be placed by submitting a request via the new CTSC request form.
- After 2 p.m. on Dec. 9, 2023, requests for new or changes to existing services must be submitted in the new ordering system. The existing request links for CrashPlan and VDI service pages will redirect to new request forms. In addition, new forms to add, change, or cancel requests will be available on the Stanford IT Services & Support portal. Clients can continue to request technology and consulting services via the new CTSC request form.
Stay tuned to our CTSC service page for updates as we enhance the overall service ordering experience in the weeks ahead.
- How to Request New, Change or Cancel CrashPlan Service
- How to Request New, Change or Cancel VDI Service
For help navigating the new CTSC request form, visit How to Request Client Technology Solutions and Consulting Services.
How to get help
If you have questions about the upcoming changes to ordering and billing, submit a Help request.