Our On-Call service provides ad hoc support for individuals or groups on a per request basis. This service accommodates those who need just one-time IT assistance, such as configuring a new office or workspace or troubleshooting computer issues. This service also provides backup support to local IT teams.
We typically help you when:
- Your computer is running slow and you’re not sure why
- You think your computer has a virus
- You need assistance setting up a new office or workspace
- You just got a new phone and want assistance setting it up and transferring photos
- You need assistance setting up Stanford email on your computer and other devices
- The IT team that supports you is short staffed and needs temporary or backup support
- Individual students, faculty, and staff members
- Schools, administrative units, labs or institutes
- Local IT groups
This service provides on-demand support when and how you need it.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot almost any computer problem
- Conduct proactive system security checkups and updates
- Set up and install new computers, phones or tablets
- Install and upgrade Mac and Windows operating systems
- Install and troubleshoot Stanford-supported applications or licensed third-party applications (you supply the license)
- Add peripherals such as printers or scanners
- Help protect and backup important data
- Assist with spyware or virus issues
- Perform project work, such as computer upgrades or departmental moves
On-Call Support services are billed at a $102 per hour rate.