OnCall Services provides fee-based computer support to individual faculty, staff, and students, as well as to University departments who need occasional or one-time support. Our staff will come to your campus office, or for a reduced fee you can bring your computer to our campus offices.
OnCall Services is a great way for departments to supplement existing support staff during vacations and other leaves, or to handle special projects. For small groups that don’t need full-time support, we can offer scheduled or pre-arranged occasional support in your office. For faculty, staff, and students, OnCall Services offers a cost-effective way to get expert computer assistance from highly knowledgeable technical staff who understand Stanford’s unique computing environment.
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot almost any computer problem
- Proactive system security checkups and updates
- Setup and installation of new machines
- Install and upgrade Mac and Windows operating systems
- Install and troubleshoot Stanford-supported applications or licensed third-party applications (you supply the license)
- Add peripherals such as printers or scanners
- Help protect and backup important data
- Remove prying spyware and contain virus outbreaks
- PDA setup and configuration
- Project work, such as computer upgrades or departmental moves
Services can be requested via HelpSU.