Stanford can often feel large and confusing. Our IT Strategy Guidance service helps you navigate the IT aspect of our environment, and identify and match the technology goals in your area with the appropriate University IT (UIT) services and solutions.
Whether it's ongoing consulting or a one-time engagement, we provide guidance on how to tackle an upcoming project, brainstorm on strategic IT initiatives, make decisions about specific IT equipment, or even just talk about what’s next.
This service is a passion for us, so all initial conversations are free of charge and we focus our efforts on minimizing costs and leveraging connections with other UIT groups wherever possible.
Ongoing IT Strategy Guidance is included with our Contracted Desktop Support service, but can also be requested separately. This chart summarizes features for service delivery on an ongoing or one-time basis.
|Planning for technology needed for an event or initiative
|Answering specific questions on how to navigate Stanford IT
|Brainstorming on how to approach a tricky issue
|Strategizing about issues related to IT workforce planning
|Updating key software on all of your computers
|Diving deep into why a certain software is not working right for your workgroup
|Evaluating and identifying IT support trends and what to do to address them
- Assisted a small group with developing a program to ensure their staff have the right computers they need for their jobs
- Moved a large business unit from mostly desktop computers to laptops and mobile devices
- Evaluated the setup, installed equipment, and made the related software work in one of Stanford's sports facilities
- Assisted with both short term and long term issues when a key IT staff member on a small team left unexpectedly
- Individual faculty and staff members
- Schools, administrative units, labs and institutes
- Local IT groups