ServiceNow recently released its latest version — Vancouver. Currently, Stanford operates on the Tokyo release, lagging behind Vancouver by two versions. ServiceNow will no longer support Tokyo by mid-2024, and as a result, Stanford will be upgrading to Vancouver in early 2024.
As part of the Vancouver upgrade, ServiceNow implemented changes to key features within the platform.
ServiceNow decommissioned the Call record and introduced the Interaction record. Using Interaction, service desk agents/fulfillers can capture the information similar to the Call record.
Agent Chat & Service Operations Workspace (Stanford University IT, Student Services, and Office of Development)
Agent Chat replaces the current Live Chat functionality. Stanford University IT, Student Services, and Office of Development Service Desks use the chat functionality.
This ServiceNow upgrade will change the look and feel of the fullfiller interface. More details, including training and documentation, will be available soon.
Release upgrade schedule
- Upgrade the development environment with Vancouver
- Conduct quality assurance testing
- Migrate to test environment
- Conduct user acceptance testing
- Migrate to production environment
Training and communication plan
More information coming soon.
Submit a Help request questions about the Vancouver upgrade.
- Read the upgrade announcement "ServiceNow Vancouver Upgrade Coming in April" on the IT Community website.