How do I make my social media posts accessible?
Creating an accessible social media presence makes it possible for everyone — including individuals with disabilities — to engage with your content.
To help you implement accessibility into your social media platforms, the Office of Digital Accessibility (ODA) created the Accessible Social Media guide.
More on this resource
Social media companies are implementing more accessibility features across their platforms. The new guide will help you use these features and provides tips for creating accessible social posts on the four most popular social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube), including:
- Tips for editing and managing closed captions for video posts
- Guidance on writing alternative text for images
- Additional accessibility vendors and tools for inclusive social media content
About the ODA
Building on Stanford’s core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, the ODA serves the greater Stanford community by providing technical guidance, accessibility reviews, evaluation tools, and training resources for realizing a more accessible information and communication technology environment.
- Visit the Office of Digital Accessibility website.
- Explore guides to improve accessibility.
- View more accessibility best practices.
Have questions? Sign up for accessibility office hours.
DISCLAIMER: UIT News is accurate on the publication date. We do not update information in past news items. We do make every effort to keep our service information pages up-to-date. Please search our service pages at uit.stanford.edu/search.