Learn how to quickly and efficiently create beautiful PowerPoint presentations for engaging delivery of high-impact communication without wasting time -- even if you are not a professional designer.
Microsoft PowerPoint is an essential tool of choice for a wide spectrum of professional communicators -- from university professors and consultants to salespeople and office administrators.
This class will help you learn the ins and outs of Microsoft PowerPoint so you can efficiently use its power to communicate with your audience. Discover how you can design, create, maintain and deliver beautiful presentations that tell a story and help you get your point across.
Here's a small fraction of what you will be learning in this class:
- Step-by-step presentation-creation process.
- How to choose the presentation design theme.
- Two ways to fill your presentation with verbal content.
- Anatomy of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Effective techniques to work with slide screen objects to quickly control the formatting, size, position, alignment and other characteristics.
- How to work with slide layouts and object placeholders.
- Working with Text Boxes, WordArt, Shapes, Images, Videos, Tables, SmartArt, Charts and Screenshots.
- How to control your presentation design using Slide Masters and the background.
- How to create your own presentation template or where to get one if you don't have time to do it.
- Smooth the flow of your presentation with slide transitions.
- Use animations for a higher impact and more engaging presentation flow.
- How to create multiple presentations for different audiences and maintain your slide deck from a single file -- without making multiple copies.
- Create navigation buttons for your audience for self-paced presentations.
- How to create timings for automatically run slideshows and when it's not a good idea to use them.
- Tips to avoid the "death by PowerPoint" syndrome and deliver a high-impact presentation.
This class will not only give you the best overview of PowerPoint but also help you get great ideas on how you can enhance your presentation skills and become a better communicator.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.