Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free sessions on technology topics that are of general interest to the Stanford community. No Registration is required.
Tech Briefings are monthly events, held Fridays from 3:00 to 4:30 PM in Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
|Date / Time||Topic||Presenter(s)|
lynda.com at Stanford
Join us for a Lynda.com Tips and Tricks session presented by Lynda.com representatives Rochelle Gisbert and Ryan Zervakos.
During this one hour session you will learn what Lynda.com has to offer including some great features such as mobile access and IT certifications.
You will also get a peek at current usage at Stanford and they will share a few best practices on how to get the most out of Lynda.com whether you are a student, staff, or faculty member here on campus.
|Rochelle Gisbert and Ryan Zervakos
|Amazon Web Services (AWS)|
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to email@example.com
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.