Most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
In this session, you will have the opportunity to learn the features and functionality of Google Drive, along with creating and managing Google Docs and Sheets for publishing, sharing, and permissions.
Make sure you are able to access Google Drive via http://webdocs.stanford.edu.
Key topics covered:
- Intro to Google Drive Files: Creating, uploading, and organizing folders, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- Document Collaboration: Learning how to share and collaborate on documents simultaneously with users within and outside of your organization.
- Google Drive Apps: Download, install, and use Google Drive applications to access edit, and sync files across devices.
- Formatting and Formulas: Learning basic tricks to format content within documents and analyze data using formulas within spreadsheets.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Create, upload, download, export, and publish documents, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Format content and manipulate data within files
- Manage permissions of files and folders and assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity