Learn Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, SUMIF, IF, and SUBTOTAL, as well as improved charting and charting templates to help maximize your speed and efficiency to streamline your work.
This one-day seminar will cover some of the classic Excel functions that have caused havoc for years: VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, SUMIF, IF, and SUBTOTAL, among others.
It will also help maximize your speed and efficiency by capitalizing on all the new features that help streamline your work. Excel offers amazing functionality, including more built-in functions, improved charting and charting templates, and improved ribbon customization. This is an opportunity to upgrade your skills.
In this course you will learn to:
- Setup and navigate a worksheet
- Use Autofill to rapidly duplicate formulas and patterns
- Copy, paste, and link data between worksheets and workbooks
- Setup and understand print options
- Format worksheets including borders, number formats and cell behaviors
- Use the SUM, AVERAGE, VLOOKUP, IF, SUMIF, and other functions
- Understand the difference between a relative and absolute cell reference
- Use styles and autoformats to quickly format a worksheet
- Create and edit a chart
- Customize the ribbons/toolbars
- Create a basic macro to automate tedious tasks
Basic Excel experience
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.