Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This is the first of two, 1/2-day classes for finance professionals who want to get better in Excel.
- Learning Objectives:
- Develop a deeper understanding of Excel's tools, crucial for financial data management.
- Develop the essential Excel skills required for preparing and tracking budgets and for working with financial data.
- Become more productive and efficient when working with Excel.
- Financial functions category in Excel.
- Numbers and number formatting in Excel.
- Best practices for efficient formula building.
- How to use named ranges and named constants and why.
- Working with Excel tables
- The secrets of sorting and filtering data.
- The techniques for using lookup functions.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.