StanfordWho, formerly known as Stanford People and Organization Search, is the web application that allows you to search the Stanford directory of faculty, staff, students and sponsored affiliates at Stanford University and the Stanford hospitals to view contact and organization information. StanfordWho displays both a public directory and a restricted Stanford/Affiliates view. You must be logged in with your SUNet ID to search in the Stanford/Affiliates view.
The Stanford/Affiliates view of StanfordWho has a new display, features and functionality.
Some enhancements include:
- Visibility into your role and department in the organization. Your department(s) appears on your profile, and you see associated departments of anyone you look up in the directory. You can also click on the org chart icon and explore an interactive organization chart.
- The ability to search the Stanford directory by keyword topics. This allows you to search for Stanford colleagues by area of work or specialty.
- Your visible Stanford Profiles (Community Academic Profiles, or CAP) photo. For those who do not have a visible Stanford Profile photo, you will see a Stanford stock image.
Note: The web interface view is described on this page. The mobile view interface is looks slightly different but has the same features.
- How to use the StanfordWho profile interface in the Stanford/Affiliates view
When you search the Stanford/Affiliates view of StanfordWho, you will see the following information in each profile interface:
- Stanford stock photo or Stanford Profile photo. Displays visible photos on Stanford Profiles (Community Academic Profiles, or CAP). For those who do not have visible Stanford Profile photos, you will see a Stanford stock image. Note: StanfordWho images are updated on a periodic basis from Stanford Profiles. If you have updated your photo in Stanford Profiles, it will automatically be reflected in StanfordWho with the next update.
- Contact information. Displays preferred contact information. Note: A lock icon indicates information that is only visible to you.
- Department quick link. Navigates you to the organizational listing.
- Stanford Profile link. Navigates you to Stanford Profile page for the person you are viewing.
- Link to edit your profile (on your own profile page). Sends you to StanfordYou where you can change what you would like to be listed in both the public and Stanford views.
- Organization chart. Select this to explore an interactive organization chart.
- Department link (under contact information). Navigates you to the organizational listing.
- Directory.Navigates you to the top level Stanford directory where you use filters to search.
- Discover. Displays profiles that you recently viewed.
- Search. Search for someone by entering their name, email, SUNet ID, department, title, or other keywords.
New StanfordWho profile screen:
- How to use the StanfordWho directory interface in the Stanford/Affiliates view
When you select Directory in the top navigation, you will see a list of people based on the category or filter settings in the left side bar.
This screen includes:
- Directory by categories (e.g., People, Departments).
- An option to filter your search by department, education, experience, or title.
- The name, title and Stanford ID photo (if available) of each person you search for.
- Your Stanford stock photo at the top corner of the page, which you can select to navigate to your Stanford directory profile listing.
- Feedback and help
- If you have feedback about the interface, please submit this StanfordWho feedback form. If you need assistance with using StanfordWho, please submit a Help ticket.