StanfordWho, also known as the Stanford People and Organization Search, allows you to search the Stanford directory of faculty, staff, students, and sponsored affiliates at Stanford University and the Stanford hospitals. StanfordWho provides contact and organizational information.
The default mode of StanfordWho is public. This is the view that the general public can see, and includes only those people who have chosen to make their listing public. Members of the Stanford community, including those with sponsored SUNet IDs from affiliated organizations such as the Stanford hospitals, can log in to the restricted view. This view includes more people and links to an organization chart. Individual listings often include more information than the public view.
StanfordWho is available as a web application and as a mobile app.
- Search for people by name, email address, work phone, or SUNet ID.
- View an organization chart (Stanford/Affiliates view only).
- Access the Stanford/Affiliates view on a mobile device using the StanfordWho mobile app.
- Public users
- Current faculty, staff, students, and affiliates with a sponsored SUNet ID
Free of charge
To use StanfordWho, use any of the following access points.
Use the web version:
- Use the search box on the Stanford home page (select the People radio button).
- Go to stanfordwho.stanford.edu to launch StanfordWho.
- Go to the Searching Stanford web site at search.stanford.edu (click the People tab).
- Go directly to the Stanford/Affiliates view (requires a SUNet ID and password).
Get the mobile app:
- iOS: Download on the App Store
- Android or Chrome OS: Get it on Google Play
- How to Use the Public view on StanfordWho - Web Version
- How to Use the Stanford/Affiliates View on StanfordWho - Web Version
- How to Use the Mobile App
- How to Link to StanfordWho Listings and Search Results
- How to Use Your Stanford ID Card Photo in StanfordWho
- Directory Details
- Questions and Answers about Cloud Solutions
Manage your settings with StanfordYou
Learn about the Directory Service